WINTER MEMBER SHOW
runs Thursday 1/14/21 thru 2/25/21
This year has been unexpected to say the least. Political upheaval, economic strain, and a relentless pandemic have been pushing people to their breaking point. PAC knows that art-making and the art community can be a healing salve during these hard times. So let’s create and share art with the opportunity to win cash prizes: These are: $500 1st prize, $250 2nd prize, and 2 $100 honorable mentions.
PAC Members’ Show: WINTER from the old Germanic meaning ‘The time of water’. Other notable elements of the coldest season: Winter Equinox aka the shortest day of the year, the Vernal Equinox where the day and night are equal in length. Cold and darkness. Rest and renewal. It’s a season of dormancy, of hibernation. Aurora Borealis. Yuletide greetings. The frozen worlds of Norse mythology. Yeti. Krampus. Migration. Hanukkah. Persephone and Hades. Scandanavian Hygge and coziness. Death and Rebirth. The Japanese snow ghost Yuki-onna. Gingerbread and Evergreens. Blizzards and ice skating. Snow days! The list goes on and on.
Let’s see how this time of quiet and cold inspires our PAC artist community!
The gallery will be open on weekends by appointment only. Appointments must be scheduled 48 hours in advance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule viewing times. All guests must follow strict Covid guidelines including masking, social distance, and no more than 5 people in the gallery at one time.
- This show will be in the gallery on view by appointment only with a virtual gallery tour viewable online.
- Online submissions from 12/1/20 through midnight 12/23/20 with juror decisions by 1/3/21.
- Submit work here: https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/event-4025378
- Art drop off at gallery Friday 1/8/21 4-7pm and Saturday 1/9/21 10-12pm
- *PAC team will be practicing social distance and COVID safety measures in the gallery.
- Art install Saturday 1/9 12-3pm (interested in volunteering? Contact email@example.com
- WINTER Opens Virtually Thursday 1/14/21
- Virtual tour will include Juror’s announcements for winners
- 1st place $500, 2nd place $250 and 2 honorable mentions of $100 each.
- Show runs through Thursday 2/25/21.
- Questions? Comments about the show? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Technical questions should be directed to: email@example.com
- Please use this form to register your work: https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/event-4025378 . Once you have successfully submitted your registration, you will receive an email giving you the link to use for uploading photos of your work.
- Max 2 submission per person. All work submitted MUST be for sale. No "Price on Request" or "Not For Sale."
- Must be an active PAC Member at time of submission (not a member? Lapsed member? No problem, go to LINK to sign up and pay your $35 yearly dues which go toward operating the gallery and putting on the shows!)
- No submission fees for this show. Work will be available for purchase online through our shop which becomes active on January 14.
- All mediums accepted* work must be under 60” and able to fit through a standard door. Any hanging instructions must come with the work at art drop off. We encourage artists to assist in the hanging of their work. Work must be wired to hang. We reserve the right to turn away work at drop off that does not meet our gallery-display hanging standards.
*Visit our website for the guidelines: https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/Exhibition-Policy-And-Framing-Guidelines
ABOUT PAC- Established in 2001 with over 150 members, PAC is a volunteer-run artist community welcoming diverse artists of all skill, age and background. Our Mission: “Dedicated to supporting, promoting and developing the highest level of the arts for the community and its artists by creating awareness, education and involvement with our members and the public-at-large.https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/
GALLERY HOURS FOR THE SHOW: Gallery will be open by appointment only contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule viewing times. All guests must follow strict Covid guidelines including masking, social distance, and no more than 5 people in the gallery at one time. Questions? Comments about the show? Email: email@example.com Technical questions should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org