Call to Artists: Winter Member Show 2021
Greetings PAC Members!
It’s that time of year again when we ask all our talented artists to participate in our Winter Member Show.
This year the only criteria is that the work must be priced at $300 or under. Let’s encourage art lovers to buy locally and support our community for the holiday season.
The Show Opens Thursday, November 11th 5:30-7:30 with Live Music, Nibbles, Wine and Great Art!
[PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING]
Deadline to Enter: October 27th at 11:59pm. Photos must be submitted by October 28th at 12noon
Art Drop Off: Friday, November 5th 4-7 and Saturday, November 6th 10-12.
Art Installation: Saturday November 6th, 12-3pm. If your work has special display requirements, please be at installation to advise the committee.
Art Pickup: Friday January 7th 4-7pm and Saturday, January 8th 10am-noon.
You must be an active member in order to be in the show. Haven’t paid your dues yet? Not a member yet? No problem! Membership can be renewed or signed up for here https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/Join-or-Renew for $35 a year PAC
Members may participate in two Members’ Shows for free, as well as submit artwork to our two juried shows at a discounted entry fee. PAC members are also invited to participate in our life drawing and portrait sessions, as well as have access to the gallery for solo or small group shows during our off-seasons in winter and summer.
In order to shorten wait times and congestion, advance entries are required via this link: https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/event-4472708
You will receive a confirmation email with the link to upload the photo[s] of your work. THERE IS NOT A LINK ON THE SITE WHERE YOU CAN UPLOAD PHOTOS.
If possible, please send an artist statement to Lin Collette at email@example.com. The statement should discuss the work you’ve entered in the show. This information will be displayed in the show binder available for viewing at the gallery. In addition, Lin will use this information in social media posts. Statements will also be accepted at drop-off.
And of course you can ask Lin questions.
No Submission Fee. Max 2 pieces per artist. Include a printed out artist statement at dropoff for our artist book.
All work must be for sale. PAC accepts PayPal, credit cards, checks, and cash for art sales. PAC gallery takes 30% commission on any sales of artwork--that money helps the operation of the gallery.
We hope to see your work on the walls in November!
The Boring Stuff (but still important to read)
DO NOT SEND PHOTOS TO MEMBERSHIPPAC@GMAIL.COM UNLESS YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY UPLOADING PHOTOS. CONTACT LIN FIRST AT MEMBERSHIPPAC@GMAIL.COM
THERE IS NO LINK TO UPLOAD PHOTOS OR STATEMENTS
WITH THE ENTRY FORM.
WAIT UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE CONFIRMATION
EMAIL WHICH WILL GIVE YOU THE LINK
TO UPLOAD A PHOTO OF EACH OF YOUR WORKS.
Send statements to Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org
· NO Price on Request or Not for Sale entries. ALL entries MUST be priced.
· Work must be dropped off at the PAC Gallery 560 Mineral Spring Ave. Pawtucket, RI on Friday 11/5 between 4-7 and Saturday 11/6 10-12 from 10/12. You may send a representative to drop off your work. Special arrangements are discouraged unless absolutely necessary.
· We ask you to include written instructions if your work has specific hanging/display needs or to consider attending the art installation on Saturday 11/6 from 12-3.
Some restrictions apply.
· Work in any medium must not exceed 60” on all sides.
· Work to be on the walls must be properly wired to hang.
· PAC does have pedestals for 3-D work but they are limited.
· Digital and multimedia work must be insured separately from the gallery.
· PAC reserves the right to reject work that does not follow gallery standards.
· Visit our this page for more details https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/Exhibition-Policy-And-Framing-Guidelines