CALL TO ARTISTS
Artwork Created During Quarantine
Calling all PAC Members New and Old to participate in our fall 2020 show PANDEMONIUM
We want to see what our fabulous art community has been making while staying in. This is an historical, unprecedented moment in time where the entire world has had to hold its breath, hide away, and wait. For some this has been disastrous, for others merely a challenge, for some a hindrance, and still others a welcome respite from the rigors of daily life. Wherever you are on that scale (and it can change day to day!) we want to see what you’ve MADE during this time.
To pre-register and also have the opportunity to upload your photos in advance of the show, please use this link: https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/event-3786636
OPEN TO ARTISTS in all media 2-D and 3-D (*with some restrictions, visit our prospectus page here for size limitations, hanging instructions etc.) Artists must be current PAC Members with paid up dues at the time of art drop-off. Artwork must have been made during the quarantine. If possible, please include a sentence or two writeup summing up your creative quarantine experience to be displayed with your work.
Artists can submit TWO works of art at no charge.
ARTWORK must be dropped off at the PAC Gallery Friday 9/18/20 4-7 and Sat 9/19/20 10-12 with art installation on Saturday 9/19/20 afternoon. We ask artists to include with their drop off- 2 copies of their artist statement and any installation instructions. We also encourage artists with specific hanging instructions to attend the install. Gallery located at 560 Mineral Spring Ave. on the first floor between the Miss Lorraine Diner and Mixed Magic Theater.
PANDEMONIUM OPENS Thursday 9/24/20 from 5:30-7:30 with live music.
Show runs through Thursday November 12th, 2020.
Cash prizes will be awarded $500 for 1st place, $250 for 2nd, and $100 for third. Prizes are selected by the PAC Gallery Committee.
(*In the event of additional quarantine measures in the fall, PAC will host PANDEMONIUM as an online show. Info will be provided in late summer/early September if that happens)
Not a member? No problem, sign up now for $35 a year! Here https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/Join-or-Renew
When delivering artwork to the gallery, please submit the following information on a gallery form which will be provided to you at drop-off. The form requests the artist’s name, title, size medium,and price. An email, and phone number is required in case of sales. You must take all wrappings with you, so that you may bring them back when you pick up your work.
- Work must be original.
- Please do not enter work that has been previously exhibited at PAC.
- DO NOT enter work that has been committed to another show that begins before our exhibition ends. This is particularly important in the case of juried shows. Entering already committed work and having it accepted prevents others from possibly being selected for a juried show.
- Colored mats are discouraged as they detract from the artwork.
- PAC dues must be current through the dates of the show to exhibit in member shows. (You may become a member, or pay your dues at the drop-off.)
- A 30% commission will be retained on all sales. Please no "Price on Request" or "Not For Sale." If you do not wish your work to be sold, you are invited to price your work as high as you like.
- Each artist is expected to submit an artist’s statement and bio (typewritten on white paper) to be included in a book at the gallery.
- All artwork installed in exhibits will remain in place for the duration of the exhibit with no adjustments or changes. Work sold will remain in the show until the show ends. If you or a representative are not able to pick up work on the scheduled pick-up date, you may arrange for an early pick-up date during the week before the show ends.
- Artists are encouraged to attend opening receptions. Awards are announced at openings. Sales are helped by your presence. Buyers love to meet you.
- Artists are encouraged to invite friends and family to opening nights and to share images on their Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Unless otherwise specified, PAC has the right to reproduce artist works and photos of openings for internal use and publicity purposes.
All 2-D artwork, submitted to any PAC exhibit, must be properly framed:
- All artwork must be dry.
- All artwork must be wired and ready to hang upon delivery.
- No sawtooth hangers or any other single source hanging setups as you might find on the back of a ready made frame.
- Backs of all pieces should be flush with no screw eyes sticking out.
- All work must have hanging wire connected to 2 sides, and 3 or 4 sides if very heavy.
- The finished presentation should not be flimsy. It should be strong enough to support its own weight.
- 3-D sculpture and artwork: PAC has a number of pedestals of varying heights and sizes for exhibition purposes. If work is very large, it must be stable and secure as it will be exhibited on floor and visitors to gallery may brush up against it inadvertently. If specific wall hardware is required, artists shall supply. Artists are welcome to help to install their work if special instruction is necessary.
PAC LIABILITY POLICY
- All entries will be handled with the upmost care. However, PAC and its agents will not be held responsible for damages or theft while at the Mill Gallery.
- Artists will be notified of pick-up dates at the time of drop-off. As PAC does not have storage space, artwork not picked up will be donated to a non-profit organization.