CALL TO ARTISTS
2021 FALL UNTHEMED JURIED SHOW
September 9th, 2021, through November 4th, 2021.
PAC would like to welcome guest juror Taleen Batalian to curate our Fall 2021 Unthemed Show.
This is an unthemed, all medium exhibition. The Pawtucket area is positively overflowing with talented artists from all skill levels and walks of life. Show us what you’ve been working on Rhode Island! $500 for 1st Place, $250 for 2nd, and $100 for 3rd. The PAC Gallery Committee will also award a $75 prize as well.
Please read the entire announcement before entering.
This year, we are thrilled to also be included in the 23rd Annual Pawtucket Arts Festival’s Gallery Tour on Sunday, September 12th! Visit their website for more details and schedule events: https://www.pawtucketartsfestival.org/
Digital submissions are open now and run through midnight of 8/15/21. To register, click on this link: https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/event-4400633
Max 2 pieces. Please also include a statement about the work(s) submitted, as opposed to a bio, to attach with your digital submission. We find that people respond to what the artist says about the work more than a straight artist bio.
SUBMISSION FEE: PAC Members $15 for 1 entry and $20 for 2. Non-member entry fees are $20 for 1 and $25 for 2. Interested in becoming a member? Join or renew https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/Join-or-Renew
We prefer that entry fees are paid via the website. If entrants have difficulties using the credit card function, please contact Lin at email@example.com. If absolutely necessary, we will accept checks or PayPal. No checks will be accepted after 8/1.
WAIT UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE CONFIRMATION
EMAIL WHICH WILL GIVE YOU THE LINK
TO UPLOAD A PHOTO OF EACH OF YOUR WORKS.
You will receive the confirmation email
ONLY after fees are paid.
Confirmations may take up to 4 hours to arrive
· Max 2 pieces. Please also send a brief artist statement to attach with your digital submission to firstname.lastname@example.org If possible, this statement should discuss the work that you have submitted.
· SUBMISSION FEE: PAC Members $15 for 1 entry and $20 for 2/ Non-members $20 for 1 and $25 for 2. Interested in becoming a member? Join or renew https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/Join-or-Renew
· NO Price on Request or Not for Sale entries. ALL entries MUST be priced.
· Accepted work must be dropped off at the PAC Gallery 560 Mineral Spring Ave. Pawtucket, RI on Friday 9/3 between 4-7 and Saturday 9/4 from 10/12. You may send a representative to drop off your work. Special arrangements are discouraged unless absolutely necessary.
· We ask you to include written instructions if your work has specific hanging/display needs or to consider attending the art installation on Saturday 9/4 from 12-3.
Some restrictions apply.
· Work in any medium must not exceed 60” on all sides.
· Work to be on the walls must be properly wired to hang.
· PAC does have pedestals for 3-D work but they are limited.
· Digital and multimedia work must be insured separately from the gallery.
· PAC reserves the right to reject work that does not follow gallery standards.
· Visit our prospectus for more details https://pawtucketartscollaborative.wildapricot.org/Exhibition-Policy-And-Framing-Guidelines
Accepted work must be dropped off at the PAC Gallery 560 Mineral Spring Ave. Pawtucket, RI on Friday 9/3 between 4-7 and Saturday 9/4 from 10-12pm. We ask you to include written instructions if your work has specific hanging/display needs or to consider attending the art installation on Saturday 9/4 from 12-3 to assist.
*Some restrictions apply. Work in any medium must not exceed 60” on all sides. 2D work that will hang on the walls must be properly wired to hang. PAC does have pedestals for 3-D work, but they are limited in size and height. Digital and multimedia work must be insured separately from the gallery. PAC reserves the right to reject work that does not follow gallery standards.
ABOUT THE JUROR: Taleen Batalian is an artist and educator. She manages an independent studio practice and exhibits her work nationally. Among her recent projects: Waves and Shadows: a collaborative video installation; Disassemble, a performance installation at RISD Museum; and a solo exhibition, Graft, a site-specific installation of sculptural garments, paintings and video at Wheaton College. She has received grants from Rhode Island State Council on the Arts (RISCA) and The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Newport County. Taleen was named the 2020-21 Teacher of Excellence at Rhode Island School of Design, Continuing Education where she has been a faculty member for more than 10 years. In addition, she teaches and serves as a visiting artist at colleges, art museums and arts organizations including Providence College, Wheaton College and Newport Art Museum. Previously, she served as Director of Education for Providence CityArts for Youth.
ABOUT THE PAWTUCKET ARTS COLLABORATIVE
The Pawtucket Arts Collaborative is a member-driven, fully volunteer-run organization dedicated to supporting, promoting and developing the highest level of the arts for the community and its artists by creating awareness, education, and involvement with our members and the public-at-large.
PAC MILL GALLERY:
560 Mineral Spring Avenue, Pawtucket RI 02860 in the Lorraine Mills Complex. It is on the first floor and is handicapped accessible from the front entrance beside the Miss Lorraine Diner. For all others visiting the gallery, please park in the side parking lot (with the sculpture garden in back and Save A Lot across the street) and enter the side entrance and go up one flight of stairs. Follow the signs.
Mailing address: Pawtucket Arts Collaborative PO Box # 966
Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02862
Questions? Comments? Want to volunteer? email@example.com
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with online submission/ payment/ or membership renewal questions.